Okay, see your not the only one that has to jump through hoops sometimes.
What is going on with these Bi-LO managers?
This past Sunday, I happened to go to another Bi-LO in West Columbia, I was on that part of town so I decided to go and take advantage of the “Green Giant Deal”. I was extremely happy when I saw the amount of vegetables they had in stock. They were loaded! I got my transaction ready for checkout and I went to the self-checkout the young man was very nice and helpful with all my coupons. Buy when it was time for the customer service manager to take my competitor coupons , I was told that they (Bi-LO) would only except ONE competitor coupon. She explained to me that I could have 10 manufacture coupon in one transaction but if I had more than one of the same product that I could only use one competitor coupon.
Okay, needless to say I was a little shocked and I told her that is not stated in the coupon policy. She apologized and told me that is what her store manager told them. He was not accepting more than one competitor coupon for like items; they (Bi-LO) was loosing money.
With every intention of speaking with the store manager, I got his number and while I was there I asked for the district manager name and number too.
After playing a little phone tag, I received a phone call from the district manager. I let him know what happened and what I was buying, and he was very apologetic and stated that it was “human error”. That some people interpret the coupon policy differently and no where in the policy does it limit the number of competitor coupons. HOWEVER, Bi-LO managers do have the right to decline or limit the amount of coupons taking from a customer…(Yes, the famous loop hole! And again…what is the point of having a coupon policy).
We ended up having a very nice discussion about the policy as well, but the ending result of our conversation was: the store manager was wrong and they (Bi-LO) would like to make this shopping experience “Right”. He asked if he could give my phone number to the store manger and I agreed.
I have not gotten a phone call as of yet…but I’m very curious to see how this will play out.
What are your thought? Any suggestions?